Yehudit The Heroine Of Hanukkah Short-Sleeve Unisex T-Shirt
Yes we all know about the Maccabes-- but do we know about Yehudit, the woman who single handedly saved her town Bethulia, from Greek oppressors during Chanukah? She was a smart, charming & beautiful Jewess who put her life on the line to save her people!
She did what no one could do-- she took out General Holofernes with lifting a heavy, worn sword--she did so by literally cutting off his head. She brought the the proof back & brought shock, joy and a renewed spirit to fight for freedom to the Jewish people.
I attempted to capture this moment with surrounding Yehudit in soft, smoldering flames that represent the light that comes from the Chanukah candles. As she is rising out of the flames we can see that she is holding a sword, preparing to strike. The sword is large, jagged & worn looking to represent the very one she used back in the day. On this jagged worn sword are the words חִזְקִי וְאִמְצִי which basically means to be "strong & courageous/brave" when translated to english. Which is exactly what Yehudit was throughout the time she took to set up her plan to get rid of General Holofernes.
Of course, Nun, Gimmel, Hey & Shin round out the design for "a Great Miracle Happened Here"
• 50% cotton, 50% polyester
• Classic fit with no center crease
• 1x1 athletic rib knit collar with spandex
• Air-jet spun yarn with a soft feel and reduced pilling
• Double-needle stitched collar, shoulders, armholes, cuffs, and hem
• 100% ring-spun cotton
• Sport Grey is 90% ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Dark Heather is 65% polyester, 35% cotton
• 4.5 oz/y² (153 g/m²)
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
• Quarter-turned to avoid crease down the center
|Length (inches)||28||29 ¼||30 ¼||31 ¼||32 ½|